Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Ambitious Post !!

Its 11 days into 2012, well if Mayans had it right, we’d have exactly 1 year to live on this planet (the D day is dec 21st.. duh) . I do not believe that world might end in 2012, but that doesn’t give me an excuse to think about what I might need to accomplish, given that after 1 year from today, I would not have a planet. Unless I am superman who escapes from krypton as a baby, I would have no home.

Just for fun on a serious note, I thought of some things I might want to accomplish in this 1 year of time and wanted to share it with all of you. Who knows some of you may be playing a part in this quest of mine. Ok so here it goes…

1. Get in touch with all of my friends, whom I haven’t really been in contact or at least sort them out.

This one is straight out of the box, there’s almost 4 different phases of life I have been thru… school, college, USA, University, job. and had different set of friends in each of the phase. It’s come to a point where I get super confused relating to a friend. I met this school friend recently, he was talking of a lot of people from my 12th STD, and I had no clue who’s who just with names. Esp. some generic Indian names, I have a friend each in every phase. Although, some of the faces had really stuck in my memory like a crush or gorgeous looks, I couldn’t figure out what their name was. This is a good thing to start off, sort out friends thro face book, get in touch with some old friends, and know about what’s happened in their life in this long gap. Who knows at my age, many of them might be married with kids too.

2. Stay away from Internet a.k.a Go outside and spend some time.

This one is tough, it’s horrendous actually. I don’t know how it’s like outside of USA, but here, Internet is like food, you can survive without it but barely. There are times, where you look it up online for outside weather instead of looking out the window. You can easily sit in a single place for a whole day and know, learn and do all the stuff in the world. Which I have done quite a lot in last 3 years. So this year, I want to go out do a lot of outdoor activities and spend less time on the Net and lesser time on facebook. It’s a tough deal but I hope I can pull it off.

3. Move a bit toward the crazier side

I have always been a bit conservative in terms of enjoyment and mischief, my frequency to night clubs, parties, getting drunk shitfaced, sleeping around, smoking etc is very less, close to a finger count, till now. In short, I am not living on the edge. Well, I am responsible enough to know I might trip and fall off the edge some time, but supposedly that’s not cool enough. So I thought maybe this is the year to show off that I could also be a bit on the crazier side. I will try, but this one I can’t guarantee that I will succeed.

4. Make an impact

I know for a fact that I have some talent, I am very resourceful, creative and a sharp intuitive learner who can create a big change. But I am just not applying it properly in my path of life and probably wasting my time. This year should be the year where I impact big, if not in a big level, at least the people around me, should know the value of me through my talents.

5. Relationships, dating… etc…

This one is a lot tougher than any of the stuff on my list. Even staying away from the Internet could be a piece of cake compared to this. So why is it tough, you might ask, well... currently, there’s NO girl in my life, which’s even slightly tilted towards a romantic angle. Added to it, all of the ones I know are either dating, committed, engaged, married or have kids.

Meeting a new girl is even worse, cos with just a Hi, they immediately think that every single guy is the next in line to hit on them. So when making friends has this silly issue, how to move forward looking for a relationship… so as I see it. You can’t try to cross a bridge, which doesn’t exist.

In spite of all the negativity in my words, I am still confident, 2012 is the year, I find the Right one.

Anyways, I hope I have a good 2012 ahead, Mayan theory or not, I have to live through 365 days of this year. So I will try to relish each day as if it was my first day of the rest of my life.

No comments: